Salad does not necessarily mean something cold. In fact, you can even try warm salad. We Bangladeshis love to eat warm food. In that case if you are trying to go on a diet, this warm salad during lunch or dinner will not only satisfy your taste buds, but also your stomach. On the other hand, it also contains low amount of calories so it will not let your weight increase. Samia Rahman’s recipe:
- French Bean- one pound (you will get it in a super shop)
- Prawn- eight to ten pieces (you may use chicken)
- Onion- one piece (medium sized)
- Lemonade- one table spoon
- Salt- taste wise
- Cherry Tomato- ten to twelve pieces (if it is not available, then use big tomatoes cut in cubes
- Powdered black pepper- taste wise
- Chopped Garlic- two cloves
- Olive Oil/ Vegetable Oil- one table spoon
- Chopped almond- one table spoon
- Firstly, wash the beans and cut in tiny pieces. Peel the prawns and cut then in tiny pieces as well.
- Warm up water in a pot. When the water comes to boil, add the beans. Let them boil for three to four minutes.
- Do not boil too much. When they are boiled, pour out the water and add the beans to cold water. This will keep the beans green.
- Take oil in a non-stick pan and add the garlic and prawn and fry.
- When the prawns turn pink, add the onions and tomatoes and fry for three to four minutes. Then add the boiled beans, salt and pepper and keep
- stirring. When it fries up a bit, add the lemonade and take the pan off of the stove.
- Serve the “Warm Bean Salad” warm.