Area Code Map of US | Time Zones of USA
An area code map is a visual representation or graphical depiction of the geographic boundaries and distribution of area codes within a specific region or country. It provides a clear overview of the different area codes and their corresponding locations within the designated area. US area code map visually displays the boundaries and regions covered by each area code. It can be useful for identifying the general location of a phone number, understanding the organization and allocation of area codes, and planning communication or business strategies within a particular area.
Here are some key details about area codes and their general locations within the US:
- Northeastern Region:
- Area codes such as 212, 315, 347, 413, 609, 617, 732, 845, and 914 cover states like New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
- Southern Region:
- Area codes like 205, 404, 561, 703, 813, 901, 954, and 972 are found in states such as Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Midwestern Region:
- Area codes including 312, 314, 414, 513, 612, 630, 708, 816, and 937 cover states such as Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Minnesota.
- Western Region:
- Area codes like 209, 408, 503, 602, 702, 818, 916, and 971 are found in states such as California, Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona.
- Pacific Region:
- Area codes including 808, 907, and 808 cover states like Hawaii and Alaska.
It’s important to note that these are just examples, and there are numerous other area codes in the United States. Area codes can also overlap or be used in multiple states, especially for states with larger populations.
How can area code maps be helpful?
Area code maps can be helpful for identifying the general location of a phone number, understanding the organization and distribution of area codes, planning business strategies, and facilitating communication within specific geographic areas.