Kaptai Lake is one of the most beautiful tourism in Bangladesh with blue watery lake. The area of the Lake is about 11,000 km2. You will definitely enjoy the natural beauty of the lake and able to discover the beautiful Bangladesh, when you will journey by boat there.
You can also experience with some tiny islands of the lake as there are several islands such as “Peda Ting-Ting”, “Chang-Pang”,”Tuk-Tuk Echo Village” etc. Peda Ting-Ting is a tiny island where you’ll find some cottages to stay and you can enjoy moonlight night with incredible lake surroundings. Tuk-Tuk is an echo-tourism park with verities of trees and plants. Basically, it is a vast place for cruising and boating. There is another most attractive thing at Kaptai Lake, which is the hanging bridge, 335 feet long across a portion of the lake. The bridge is the icon of Rangamati district. Millions of people visit this bridge and lake every year. If you plan to visit there, summer will be the best season.
How to Go
You have to reach Rangamati first then you can simply ride on an auto-rickshaw to reach at the Kaptai Lake or Hanging Bridge. There are a lot of comfortable bus services available from Dhaka.
Where to Stay
There are lots of hotels and lodging available in Rangamati which are very reasonable. Some of them has given below:
- Aronnak Holiday Resort – Address: N 106, Rangamati – Contact Number: +880 1769-312021
- Hotel Nadisa international – Address: N 106, Rangamati – Contact Number: +880 1737-453545
- Motel George – Address: Near college gate N, N 106, Rangamati – Contact Number: +880 1558-480701
- Hotel Sufia – Address: Fishery Ghat, Kathaltoli, Rangamati – Contact Number: +880 1553-409149
- Needs Hill View – Address: Banorupa, N 106, Rangamati – Contact Number: +880 1833-360333
- Hotel Dream Way – Address: Taxi Stand,Rangamati,, Reserve Bazar Rd, Rangamati
Contact Number: +880 1819-868533