Canada Map | Blank Map of Canada
Canada is the second largest country in the world. It is located in North America, bordered by the United States to the south and the Arctic Ocean to the north. Canada also has coastlines on the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Canada’s vast expanse makes it the second-largest country globally, covering nearly 10 million square kilometers (3.85 million square miles). This vast territory includes diverse landscapes, from dense forests to rugged mountains and expansive prairies.
- Capital: Ottawa
- Largest City: Toronto
- Official Languages: English and French
- National Anthem: “O Canada”
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Time Zones: Canada spans multiple time zones, from GMT-3.5 in Newfoundland to GMT-8 in the Pacific Time Zone.
Political Map of Canada
Canada is divided into 10 provinces and 3 territories:
- Provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan
- Territories: Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon
The political map of Canada shows the boundaries of the provinces and territories, as well as major cities and rivers.
Rivers Map of Canada
The longest rivers in Canada are:
- Mackenzie River (4,241 kilometers)
- Saint Lawrence River (3,058 kilometers)
- Nelson River (2,575 kilometers)
- Yukon River (2,414 kilometers)
- Peace River (2,273 kilometers)
- Red River (1,995 kilometers)
- Columbia River (1,953 kilometers)
- Saskatchewan River (1,939 kilometers)
- Athabasca River (1,538 kilometers)
- Fraser River (1,375 kilometers)
- Winnipeg River (1,150 kilometers)
Other Facts About Canada Map
- Canada is a member of the United Nations, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), and the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The official languages of Canada are English and French. However, there are many other languages spoken in Canada, including Cree, Ojibwe, Inuktitut, and Punjabi.
- The currency of Canada is the Canadian dollar (CAD).
- The time zone in Canada is UTC-5 (Eastern Time) in most of the country. However, some parts of the country, such as Yukon and Northwest Territories, are in UTC-8 (Pacific Time).
What are the three largest provinces in Canada?
The three largest provinces in Canada are Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta.
What are the Great Lakes?
The Great Lakes are a group of five interconnected lakes in North America. They are Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, and Lake Ontario.