Are you sick and tired of paying $50 dollars or more every time your car needs an oil change? You should be!
You can buy a good bottle of oil for less than $20 bucks and changing it is dead simple. Watch this video to find out how to change oil in a car.
This is a pretty easy task but it can get messy so make sure to dress appropriately. By the time your done reading this, you will be changing oil like your name was John D. Rockefeller.
- Look under your car to find the drain plug.
- Push a container under the oil drain plug.
- Unscrew the oil drain plug.
- Remove the cap from the oil filler hole at the top of your engine and unscrew the oil filter, using a wrench if you can’t do it by hand.
- Empty the oil from the filter into a drain pan.
- Open a new bottle of oil and dip a finger into it.
- Screw the new filter into the engine where the old one was.
- Wipe around the place where the oil drain plug goes.
- Replace the oil drain plug and use an adjustable wrench to tighten it.
- Use a funnel to pour all but 1 quart of the fresh oil into the oil filler hole.
- Replace the oil filler cap and run the engine for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Shut off the engine and wait 5 to 10 minutes for the oil to settle into the oil pan, and then check the oil level again.
- Keep adding oil a little at a time.
- Remove the drain pan from under the vehicle and give the car a test drive.
- Let the oil settle down again for 5 to 10 minutes, then recheck the dipstick.