Map of Florida | Florida Map With Cities
When it comes to vacation destinations in the United States, Florida often ranks at the top of the list. With its year-round sunshine, stunning beaches, vibrant culture, and exciting attractions, it’s no wonder millions of visitors flock to the Sunshine State each year. The Political Map of Florida covers an area of 65,755 square miles which makes it the 22nd largest state in the country. The state capital of Florida is Tallahassee and the most populous city is Jacksonville. Florida is the second most populous Southern state after Texas. It is the most southeastern state of the USA and is known as the “Sunshine State”.
Major Cities and Landmarks on Map of Florida
- Miami: Situated in the southeastern part of the state, Miami is renowned for its vibrant nightlife, stunning beaches, and thriving art scene. It serves as a major cultural and economic hub, with its diverse population adding to the city’s unique charm.
- Orlando: Nestled in the heart of the state, Orlando is a world-famous tourist destination, drawing millions of visitors each year. It is home to the iconic Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and numerous other theme parks and attractions, making it a dream destination for families and thrill-seekers alike.
- Tampa: Located on the state’s western coast, Tampa offers a winning combination of urban sophistication and natural beauty. It boasts a stunning waterfront, cultural venues, and a thriving sports scene, including the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Everglades National Park: Occupying a significant portion of the southern tip of Florida, the Everglades is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a biosphere reserve. This unique ecosystem is home to a variety of endangered species, such as the Florida panther and the West Indian manatee, and offers incredible opportunities for nature enthusiasts and wildlife lovers.
- Key West: Positioned at the southernmost point of the continental United States, Key West is a tropical paradise renowned for its laid-back atmosphere, colorful architecture, and stunning sunsets. It is connected to the mainland by the Overseas Highway, an engineering marvel that traverses a series of scenic islands.
Counties Map of Florida
Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Calhoun, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia, DeSoto, Dixie, Duval, Escambia, Flagler, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Glades, Gulf, Hamilton, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Holmes, Indian River, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lake, Lee, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Okaloosa, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Saint Johns, Saint Lucie, Santa Rosa, Sarasota, Seminole, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Volusia, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington.
The map of Florida reveals a captivating tapestry of natural wonders, vibrant cities, and endless opportunities for adventure. From the glamorous beaches of Miami to the thrilling theme parks of Orlando, and the serene beauty of the Everglades, Florida entices visitors with its diverse offerings. Whether you seek relaxation, cultural immersion, or outdoor exploration, the Sunshine State has something for everyone. So, grab a map, plan your itinerary, and set off on an unforgettable journey through the enchanting state of Florida.
Map of Florida With Cities Labeled
The territory of La Florida was ceded to the United States by Spain in 1819; it was then known as Florida Territory. Admission to the Union on 3rd March 1845, as the 27th state. The largest cities on the Florida map are Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and St. Petersburg.