Map of United States | USA Political Map
The United States is located in the northern hemisphere, between Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. The Atlantic Ocean is to the east, and the Pacific Ocean is to the west. The United States also has a coastline on the Gulf of Mexico. The total area of the USA Political Map is 9,833,516 square kilometers, making it the third-largest country in the world by area. The 48 contiguous states and Alaska together cover an area of 9,161,966 square kilometers, while Hawaii covers an area of 16,625 square kilometers.
- The United States of America is a federal republic consisting of 50 states, one federal district (Washington D.C.), five larger territories, and several island territories.
- The 48 contiguous states and Alaska are located in North America, while Hawaii and several outlying areas are located in the Pacific and Caribbean.
- The United States is the third-largest country in the world by area, with a total area of 9,833,516 square kilometers.
- The capital of the United States is Washington D.C., and the largest city is New York City.
- The official languages of the United States are English and Spanish.
- The population of the United States is 330.2 million people (2020).
USA Political Map
The political map of the United States shows the 50 states, the federal district, and the five larger territories. The states are divided into five regions: the Northeast, the Midwest, the South, the West, and the Southwest.
The political map also shows the international borders of the United States. The United States shares borders with Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. The United States also has maritime borders with Russia, Cuba, and the Bahamas.
Political Map With Border
The USA shares borders with two countries and is surrounded by vast bodies of water. Here’s a breakdown of its border information:
- Canada: The northern border of the USA is shared with Canada, one of the longest international land borders in the world. This border spans approximately 5,525 miles (8,891 kilometers) and is characterized by various natural landmarks and man-made border crossings.
- Mexico: To the south, the USA shares a border with Mexico, which extends for about 1,954 miles (3,145 kilometers). The border is marked by both natural features and established checkpoints.
- Atlantic Ocean: The eastern border of the USA is formed by the Atlantic Ocean, stretching along the entire eastern seaboard from Maine to Florida and beyond.
- Pacific Ocean: The western border of the USA is defined by the Pacific Ocean, covering the coastline from Washington State to California and further south.
- Gulf of Mexico: The southern coast of the USA along the Gulf of Mexico also serves as a water border, encompassing states like Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.
What are the two major oceans that border the USA?
The USA is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west.
What is the longest international land border in the world?
The USA-Canada border is one of the longest international land borders in the world, spanning approximately 5,525 miles (8,891 kilometers).