Map of USA With Cities | Major US Cities
The United States of America is a vast and diverse country with 50 states and the District of Columbia. It is bordered by Canada to the north, Mexico to the south, and the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans to the east and west, respectively. The Map of USA With Cities shows the location of all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as major cities. The map also shows major rivers, lakes, and mountain ranges.
- The USA is the third-largest country in the world by land area, covering approximately 3.8 million square miles.
- The country is home to more than 330 million people, making it the third most populous nation globally.
- The USA is known for its geographical diversity, including vast deserts, towering mountains, lush forests, and fertile plains.
- Its capital city is Washington, D.C., while New York City is the largest city by population.
Major Cities and Area
|City||State||Area (square miles)|
|New York City||New York||302.6|
Map of USA With Cities
- New York City:
- Nicknamed the “Big Apple,” it’s the most populous city in the USA.
- Home to iconic landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Central Park.
- A global financial and cultural hub.
- Los Angeles:
- Known as the “City of Angels,” it’s famous for its entertainment industry.
- Home to Hollywood, the center of the world’s film and television industry.
- Boasts a diverse population and a mild Mediterranean climate.
- Located in the Midwest, it’s known for its stunning architecture and deep-dish pizza.
- Chicago River flows through the city, and it’s home to the iconic “Bean” sculpture in Millennium Park.
- The largest city in Texas and a major hub for the energy industry.
- Home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
- A melting pot of cultures and cuisines.
- Arizona’s capital city and known for its scorching desert climate.
- Surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes, including the Sonoran Desert and Camelback Mountain.
- Rapid population growth in recent years.
- Known for its rich history and role in the American Revolution.
- Home to iconic landmarks like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.
- Famous for its Philly cheesesteak sandwiches.
- San Antonio:
- Famous for the historic Alamo and its vibrant River Walk.
- Known for its Tex-Mex cuisine and diverse cultural heritage.
- One of the fastest-growing cities in the USA.
- San Diego:
- Located on the California coast and known for its beautiful beaches and perfect weather.
- Home to a major U.S. Navy presence and several world-class zoos and aquariums.
- A major business and cultural center in Texas.
- Known for its thriving arts scene and the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963.
- The Cowboys Stadium is a sports fan’s paradise.
- San Jose:
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, it’s a tech hub with numerous tech companies and startups.
- Known for its high cost of living and innovation in the tech industry.
- Offers a pleasant Mediterranean climate.
Which city is the largest in the USA by population?
New York City holds the title of the largest city in the USA by population.
What is the land area of the United States?
The United States covers approximately 3.8 million square miles, making it the third-largest country in the world by land area.