National Animal of Grenadines is Saint Vincent parrot. Popularly, it is known as Saint Vincent amazon. Grenadines National Animal – Saint Vincent Parrot is the symbol of peace and beauty. The color of Saint Vincent parrot is Yellowish including the white, blue and green head. It has violet blue-green wings. This beautiful bird is from Aves class and Psittaciformes order. In the same way, Saint Vincent Parrot is considered as the National Bird of Grenadines.
Generally, the country Grenadines is also known as Saint Vincent. So the full name of the country is spelled as Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Similarly, it’s an island and beautiful country for the tourist. Kingstown is the capital of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and the whole country is surrounded by islands. Important to realize, the country gets her independence from the United Kingdom. The national symbol of the Grenadines is Saint Vincent parrot.
Facts about Grenadines National Animal (SaintVincent parrot)
- Scientific Name : Amazonaguildingii
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Class: Aves
- Super family: Psittacidae
- Order: Psittaciformes
- Species : A. guildingii
- Size (H) : 20 cm – 100 cm (3.5in – 39in)
- Wing Span: 15 cm – 140 cm (5.9in – 56in)
- Life Span: 40 – 80 years
- Top Speed: 24 km/h (15mph)
- Habitat: Rainforests and tropical jungle
- Main Food: Fruit, Seeds, Insects
- Lifestyle: Solitary
- Type: Bird
Saint Vincent parrot is a large bird and goes nearly 20cm to 100cm. They take Fruit, nuts, seeds and insects as their main food. The life span of this bird is among 40-80 Years. They can run 24 km/hour. Generally, they are found in the rainforests and tropical jungle area. For bearing peace and beauty Saint Vincent parrot is mentioned as the national animal symbol of Grenadines. On the other hand, this national bird of Grenadines is the identity of the country.
In short, Saint Vincent parrot is a very beautiful bird and bearing the symbol of the independent country of Grenadines.
- About Saint Vincent parrot– Wikipedia
- Saint Vincent parrot’s Wiki– World Altas
- National Animal of Grenadines– StudentsofThe World
- Facts of Saint Vincent parrot – Zestoy
- Saint Vincent parrot- National Animal of Greece– Wikipedia