National Animal of Hong Kong is Panda. Panda is one of the species of Bear. Hong Kong’s National Animal, the panda is found in China. In particular, it’s a very easy identifiable animal. The panda is also known as Giant Panda, Giant Panda Bear. Similarly, locally it is also called Giant Bear Cat, Bamboo Bear. This heavy and large animal is the National Animal symbol of Hong Kong.
The Panda is a large animal and they have a large head and nose and short tail. For a large nose, their smelling power is very good. The Panda takes the bamboo as their food. On the other hand, they can consume 25 kg to 30 kg leaves, shoots and stems in a day. For this reason, they have to pass 12 to 15 hours for making their food available for a day. To point out, Hong has made this animal as the national symbol of Hong Kong.
Facts about National Animal of Hong Kong:
- Scientific Name: Ailuropoda melanoleuca
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Class: Mammalia
- Order: Carnivora
- Family: Ursidae
- Genus: Ailuropoda
- Group: Mammal
- Colour: Black, White, Brown
- Size (H): 110 kg to 250 kg (242 lbs – 551 lbs)
- Weight: 110 kg – 250 kg (242 lbs – 551 lbs)
- Top Speed: 32kph (20mph)
- Life Span: 20 – 35 years
- Estimated Population Size: 2,000
The scientific name of Panda is Ailuropoda melanoleuca. They are from Carnivora class and Mammal group. The color of Panda is Black, White, and Brown. Their size goes nearly 110 kg to 250 kg (242 lbs – 551 lbs). Their weight goes nearly 110 kg – 250 kg (242 lbs – 551 lbs). They run/walk 32 km/h. Their lifespan stays nearly 20 to 35 years. Hong Kong has made this amazing animal as the nation animal of Hong Kong.
In a word, Panda is really an attractive animal and they can’t do any harm for mankind. Hong is holding Panda as their national identity.
- National, Native And Popular Flowers Of Hong Kong – The Flower Expert
- National Animal of Hong Kong – Answers
- Animal Symbol of Hong Kong – Pets Animals
- Hong Konger Symbols – World Atlas
- About Panda – A to Z Animals