Parents need to be really vigilant and careful about their children’s activities to help them out in areas where they need someone’s support and love.If you see your child doing something that he or she does very often and without any reason then be vigilant and observe them because the thing they are doing may not be a play of some kind. They may be suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
Obsessive compulsive order means that when a person do something over and over again without any reason to the world but for a hidden reason in his or her mind. Like some people wash their hand for a very long time or very often in a day because they think that their hands are getting dirty and not getting clean even after washing a lot.When a child washes his hands for one or two times then it’s normal but if a child is doing the same activity again and again, without any reason then it’s Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Some people change clothes again and again, thinking that their clothes are not clean. Some people may walk in even steps thinking that something bad might happen to them by walking in odd steps. All such activities are basically rituals performed by people suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
Unfortunately, this disorder is found a lot in children and their parents don’t even know that from which fear their children are suffering from. This disorder needs a serious consideration by parents because Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is kind of anxiety in which children worry a lot about petty issues because the way their brain starts to deal their issues is not at all normal. They think that something bad will happen if they won’t perform a particular task or a ritual as mentioned above. They can worry about a little thing for the whole day consuming the whole energy of their mind. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) kind of worrisome nature can be really dangerous for children’s growth and their studies.
The common fears and worries of children suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) are:
- Something really bad may happen to their family members.
- Something might get wrong in their life.
- They may get dirty.
- They may get seriously ill or their parents may.
This may happen to them and can consume a lot of their energy and can waste a lot of their time. So, understand your children and try to make things right in their minds.
Causes of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD):
- According to the research, it runs in family which means that it can be transferred from parents to children.
- This anxiety is elicited because of something getting wrong with brain receiving messages. More research is being done to find Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) root causes.
- Medicines are there to reduce the stress and anxiety of children that they feel because of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) which should be used according to the recommendation of the doctor.
- Parents don’t feel right with medicines for their child in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) that’s why they choose other treatment for their child like Cognitive Behavioral therapy which can be learnt from a psychologist or psychiatrist. So, get your child to a psychologist for cognitive behavioral therapy that might really help to alleviate some of the fears that your child is nurturing in his/her mind.