Printable Map of North America | North America Map
Map of North America is the third-largest continent in the world, after Asia and Africa. It is home to three countries: the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The continent also includes several island nations, such as Greenland, Cuba, and the Bahamas. North America is a land of diverse landscapes, from the snow-capped mountains of the Rockies to the tropical rainforests of Central America. The continent also has a wide variety of climates, from the frigid winters of the Arctic to the hot summers of the desert Southwest.
Area and Population
North America has an area of about 24.7 million square miles. The continent’s population is about 579 million people, making it the third-most populous continent in the world.
The United States is the most populous country in North America, with a population of over 330 million people. Canada is the second-most populous country, with a population of over 38 million people. Mexico is the third-most populous country, with a population of over 128 million people.
Map of North America With Cities
North America is dotted with several bustling metropolises, each contributing to the continent’s cultural and economic vibrancy. Here are some of the prominent cities:
- New York City, USA: Known as the “Big Apple,” New York City is a global powerhouse and a melting pot of cultures. It is a center for finance, fashion, art, and entertainment, with iconic landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Central Park.
- Los Angeles, USA: The entertainment capital of the world, Los Angeles is famous for Hollywood and its movie industry. The city’s diverse neighborhoods, beaches, and sunny weather attract visitors from around the globe.
- Mexico City, Mexico: The vibrant capital of Mexico, Mexico City, is one of the largest cities in the world. It boasts a rich history, impressive architecture, and a thriving culinary scene.
- Toronto, Canada: As Canada’s largest city, Toronto is a dynamic metropolis with a diverse population. Its iconic CN Tower and cultural neighborhoods make it a popular destination.
- Chicago, USA: Situated on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is renowned for its architecture, deep-rooted blues and jazz music, and culinary delights like deep-dish pizza.
- Vancouver, Canada: Surrounded by stunning natural beauty, Vancouver is a picturesque city known for its outdoor recreational opportunities, including skiing, hiking, and water sports.
- Mexico City, Mexico: The capital of Mexico, Mexico City, is a vibrant metropolis steeped in history and culture. It offers a plethora of museums, archaeological sites, and delicious cuisine.
How large is the area of North America?
North America covers an area of approximately 24.7 million square kilometers (9.5 million square miles), making it the third-largest continent in the world after Asia and Africa.