Google’s recent “freshness” algorithm creates opportunity for those willing to do a little work. Search for phrases related to your products and services and see if any are showing “fresh” results.
If Google is showing fresh listings for key phrases relevant to your product or service, you have the opportunity to see if you can take advantage of it and get your own fresh content out there related to the topic.
Keep these points in mind and see how your site measures up.
- Keep it fresh – look at adding content on a regular basis
- Optimize page by page and pay attention to detail
- Don’t clutter your pages with too many ads – No boilerplate info pasted into every page – Clear Call-To-Action (CTA) needed
- Make sure you have good Title and Description tags – it will help get the click from the SERPs
- Be sure you look at usability – bounce rate and time on site matter
- Make sure there are no load time issues
- Have unique, quality content and lots of it
- Be social – Twitter, Facebook and +1 do impact rankings
- Your Blog posts need to speak to your target audience
- Earn quality links over quantity
- Focus on keywords that are relevant and likely to convert
- Avoid duplicate content (this is a repeat of the “have unique content” point but it’s worth repeating)